Monday, June 12, 2006


It's been a while since any updates have been made. so I'll give you a brief on what I've been up to. The bulk of my work lately has been assignments outside of my film project, so stay tuned over the next 6 weeks where I expect to get the bulk of the film completed.

As far as WIL project is concerned I've completed a single ad of the 7 I need to finish before July. It might sound intimidating, but they're being made cheaply and can be made in a single day each.

To the left you'll see some of the pre-production artwork for the film. I won't give away too many details on the script (I've heard it's easy to have ideas stolen on this site) but I'll give you an idea on what I've been up to. The designs at the very top will be the basic bones of most of the character artwork. Underneath are some layouts in their very basic stages. The upper images expresses the mood I want to create quite clearly, whereas the lower one needs a little more work to make it more sinister.

Below that are some third draft storyboards. Basically they're screen grabs from the animatic. All of the story boards are grouped together in a way that will allow me to re-use content to allow for a smoother work flow.

At the very bottom is my original conceptual artwork. These are here to remind me of the original goal of the film. If I feel that my work flow is beginning to get too structured to the point where the film loses it's desired fluidity, I'll return to these images for different ideas.

More test animation has been completed. I've created a walk cycle in Flash, and while it may not be as smooth as I want it to be for the final animation, it's a good start. I've created some tubes and cogs and electronic equipment for the sci-fi scenes. They look quite nice and I've started building a character from these pieces.

My future goals for the film include these point:

1. More empathy towards the main character through facial expression and subtle plot twists.

2. Stronger angles and compositions.

4. Better use of colour that tell helps portray the drama of the story.

5. More alternative techniques used in drawing and media.

6. Refine morphing technique to allow for smoother transition of character's body parts.

And that's all the news I have for now. Stay tuned.

No comments: